I got this tasty one pot recipe from Nami, the Just One Cookbook easy Japanese recipes author.
I made it myself and it was so delicious and simple I had to share it with you.
Serve with rice and you’ll have a quick delicious supper.
- Select 6 oz of 3 of your favorite seafoods form the list below…
(best bet is to go with shan’t the freshest.)
- 12 manila clams
- 6 oz – calamari
- 6 oz – medium size shrimp
- 6 oz – bay scallop
- 3 cups water
- 2 – 3 inch pieces of kombu (dried kelp)
- 3 – onions
- 6 – mushrooms
- 2 – cloves garlic
- 1 – 1 inch long piece of ginger
- 1 Tbsp – vegetable or canola oil
- 1 Tbsp – soy sauce
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 package Japanese curry roux (8.4 oz)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ of a Fuji apple
- Prepare clams 4 hours before cooking. (Scrub them with a stiff brush under cold water then place on a raised rack making sure they don’t overlap each other. Cover clams up to their mouth with 2 cups water and 1 Tbsp. salt. Then cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.) For more details click here… How to de-grit clams.
- Prepare the Dashi Stock.
- Place 2” x 3” of kombu in 3 cups of water.
- Let stand 1 hour or more. Can be prepared the night before.
- Rinse clams and place in fresh water for 1 hour.
- Place 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil in your Instant Pot and hit Sauté.
- Cut the onions into 10 wedges.
- Slice mushrooms.
- Mince garlic.
- Grate Ginger.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Add onion, minced garlic and grated ginger to hot Instant Pot and sauté onions.
- Add all the seafood and continue to sauté.
- Deglaze the bottom of the pot with a ¼ cup white wine.
- When the alcohol has evaporated, add the kombu dashi (kombu water you made) and mushrooms.
- Add fresh ground black pepper and mix ingredients.
- Add the curry roux (or homemade curry roux). Don’t mix, keep the curry roux blocks on top.
- Cover and lock making sure the steam release handle points at “sealing” and not “venting”.
- Stop the sauté process by pressing “Keep Warm/Cancel” button.
- Press the “Pressure” button.
- Change to “low” pressure.
- Set for 5 minutes by pressing “minus” button.
- When finished, the Instant Pot switches to “Keep Warm” mode. At this time slide the steam release handle to the “Venting” position. This lets the heat dissipate to prevent overcooking.
- Unlock the lid to add soy sauce and grated apple. Mix well.
- Serve over rice.
Nutrition Information per serving (Calories: 400)