Cobbler and ice cream. It doesn’t get much better than that.
While this shake recipe doesn’t quite hit the same high it still tastes great. But it doesn’t pack the calories of the decedent dessert. And it has a lot more protein.
Here in Georgia peaches are everywhere and this recipe is the perfect way to enjoy them!
The peach cobbler smoothie can be a quick snack, or as a meal replacement when you’re tight on time.
(Makes 1 serving)
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
- 1 peach
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract (or butter extract)
- stevia to taste (2 packets or a tsp.)
- 1/2 cup water
- 5–10 ice cubes
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum (optional thickener)
- Place all ingredients except for ice into your VitaMix and blend until smooth.
- Slowly add ice until you reach the consistency you want. (The more ice, the thicker and colder the smoothie.)
- Poor and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts (Per Serving)
Recipe Makes 1 serving
- Calories: 220
- Protein: 41 g
- Carbs: 14 g
- Fat: 1 g
The Athlete’s Physique™