This is another great recipe from my favorite diet Cookbook…
Roasted Chicken Breast with Spinach and Walnut Stuffing
This killer recipe will have people thinking you are a gourmet cook. The best thing with a recipe like this is that you’re able to eat healthy delicious meals and lose weight at the same time.
Makes 4 Servings
- 4 large fresh chicken breasts, boneless and skinless (average 8oz per breast)
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 2 Tbsp of garlic
- 1/4 cup walnuts crushed
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Olive oil (not extra virgin)
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Butterfly Chicken Breasts (cut along side and lay out flat leaving attached at one end like a book) and lay out flat on cutting board. You can pound it slightly to flatten a bit if you want.
- Rub both sides with olive oil and season well with salt and pepper.
- Lightly wilt spinach in non-stick pan, or if using frozen just thaw.
- Spread minced garlic onto one half on inside of chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle with crushed walnuts.
- Place spinach on top of walnuts.
- Fold top over and place on a rack fitted inside a sheet pan or roasting pan.
- Place chicken in oven and bake for 20 minutes on 400. Then reduce heat to 325 and roast for an additional 25- 30 minutes, or until inside stuffing reaches 145 degrees.
- Cover and let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Calories: 407
- Protein: 55g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fat: 19g
For pennies a recipe you can get more delicious diet recipes just like this. Click the link below for instant access…