Without a careful eye it’s easy to overcook fish making it dry and unpleasant. But with today’s recipe there’s no worry of that.
Using a pressure cooker keeps moisture in to ensure your fish is tasty and flaky every time.
And it’s done in under 10 minutes.
It couldn’t be easier.
After you get the technique perfected feel free to mix things up. Try different seasonings and cooking liquids to add variety and match your side dishes.
Ingredients:[-] 1 medium onion, sliced in rings
[-] 2 (1 3/4 lb.) salmon steaks, approximately 1 inch thick
[-] 1/2 cup dry white wine
[-] 1/4 teaspoon salt
[-] 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
[-] 1 lemon, sliced
[-] 1/2 cup water
- Put trivet in pressure cooker.
- Add water and wine.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on fish and place on trivet.
- Arrange lemon and onion slices over fish, (reserve four lemon slices for cooked fish).
- Close cooker. Bring to full pressure on high heat.
- Reduce heat and cook for 6 minutes.
- Remove cooker from heat. Release pressure. Open cooker. Place fish on serving dish.
- Discard onion and lemon.
- Serve hot, garnished with reserved lemon slices.
(Per Serving, Serves 4)
- Calories: 330
- Protein: 43 grams
- Carbs: 5 grams
- Fat: 12 grams
The Athlete’s Physique™