There are lots of Chop and Lift variations. This example explores the HALF Kneeling Cable Lift. Or as I like to call it, Low to High cable chop.
This is a pre exercise. We’re targeting the obliques. The 6 pack ab muscles and lower back also get involved. Though to a lesser extent.
Cable Lift (Low to High Chop)
How to Do the Half Kneeling Cable Lift
- To get into position take a ½ kneeling position parallel to to the cable machine with the knee closest to the machine in the down position. Outside knee is over the ankle with a vertical shin.
- Start off looking straight ahead with good posture. This about getting long through the crown of your head.
- Brace your ab and glutes.
- Reach across your body towards the floor.
- From there, keep your arms straight and lift your hands diagonally over your head.
- Under control, lower back to the starting position. This counts as one rep.
- Complete number of programmed reps on each side.
½ Kneeling Cable Chop
Chop / Lift Variations
- Split Stance
- Athletic Stance
- Single Leg
- Tall Kneeling
- Knee-Up Cable Lift
- Rope and Cable Machine
- Med Ball
- Sandbag / Bulgarian Bag
- 4 liter milk jug