How to do the Sky Crunch
- Start by lying face up on the floor.
- Extend one leg straight out so it’s lying on the floor. The other leg is bent about 45º to your torso with your foot flat on the ground.
- Find a spot on the ceiling straight above you. Reach your hands straight up to the spot on the ceiling. This is your starting position.
- To crunch… press your low back into the floor and reach your hands straight up to your spot on the ceiling. Reach until your shoulder blades are a few inches off the floor.
- Lower yourself back to the ground and repeat for prescribed number of reps.
Points to Remember
- Don’t strain your neck. Head remains neutral with ears in line with your shoulders.
- Don’t use momentum. Hands go straight up without moving forward or back.
- Reach with your hands as you crunch up.
- Feet and legs stay on the floor.