Spicy Hot Quiche
INGREDIENTS (Serves 4)
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat- leaf parsley
- ½ lb. asparagus, trimmed and cut on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces (about 230g)
- 1 ½ cups of grated carrot
- 3 spring onions onion, thinly sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup of low fat cheese, grated
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F (190°C)
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in an ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Whisk together: eggs, parsley, pepper and cayenne.
- Cook onion in skillet with heated oil. Cook until they soften and begin to brown.
- Stir in the asparagus.
- Cook asparagus until bright green and crisp-tender.
- Lower the heat to medium low and add the egg mixture, cheese and the carrot, and stir till combined.
- Cook without stirring until the eggs have almost set, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the hot oven and cook until the eggs have set completely and the top of the frittata is golden brown.
Per Serving (Recipe Makes 4)
- Calories 286.4
- Protein 21.5g
- Carbs 8.6g
- Fat 19.2g