Have you ever watched those behind the scenes magic shows?
The ones where they show you how magicians do their tricks.
I’m always amazed at how simple the trick are. While they have a few methods to pull the wool over your eyes. The most common is misdirection. (Pick pockets use it too.)
Apollo Robbins Demonstrates Some Of His Misdirection Pickpocket Techniques
Misdirection is a form of deception in which the attention of the audience (or victim, in the case of pickpockets) is focused on one thing in order to distract their attention from another.
Well, the fitness fugayzies do the same thing. It’s equally popular in the weight loss niche as it is in the muscle building niche.
Let me give you an example and see if you can spot the misdirection.
This comes from a fitness fugayzi sales page promoting weight loss workouts.
The Shocking Truth why XYZ weight loss program is better than cardio… Study comes from researchers at Queen’s University (Reference: Appl Physiol Nutr Metab. 2012 Sep 20.) The study details:
- 22 college-aged women did 4 workouts per week for 4 weeks in one of three groups.
- Group A did 30 minutes of treadmill running at 85% max heart rate.
- Group B did 8 rounds of 20 seconds of a single exercise (burpees, jumping jacks, mountain climbers, or squat thrusts) with 10 seconds of rest between rounds.
- Group C did nothing (they were the non-training control group).
The author reported the following findings of the study…
- increased their aerobic fitness levels by the same amount
- increased muscular endurance in common exercises like chest presses, leg extensions, sit-ups and pushups.
He’s got you thinking…
“wow this is great!”
Sure it sounds all well and good.
it’s all smoke and mirrors. Slight of hand. The magicians misdirection.
Did you spot it?
Nice work if you did. But don’t feel bad if you didn’t. It’s easy to miss. That’s why it’s used and why it works so well.
You can check out the answer in the link below.
before you look, leave a comment below and let me know what you think.
Also comment if you run across or know of any other examples.
Look forward to your comments.
Stay strong my friend,
Here’s the link to the weight loss misdirection…
The art of misdirection With Apollo Robbins
How to Misdirect Your Audience