This cake satisfies your sweet tooth without packing on the pounds. And with it’s high protein content it keeps you satisfied.
Recipe Makes 1 serving.
- 3 Tbsp All purpose Flour (17g)
- (or make your own oat flour by throwing rolled oats in the blender)
- ⅓ cup Vanilla Whey Protein (31 g )
- 1 Large Apple
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 large Egg Whites (60 g Liquid Egg Whites)
- 1 Tbsp plain nonfat Greek Yogurt (14 g)
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Apple Pie Spice
- 1 Tbsp Stevia (to taste)
- In a small bowl mix together all dry ingredients.
- Cut apple in half. Dice ½. Put the other half in your blender with yogurt and blend until smooth.
- Put the remainder of wet ingredients in blender to combine. Don’t over mix.
- Poor wet ingredients into dry and mix with a fork.
- Spray the inside of a large mug (use an oversized mug) with non stick spray.
- Pour the batter into your greased mug.
- Microwave batter for about 60 seconds on high. Your cake will expand and rise up while cooking. It settles back down as it cools so use a large mug.
- Let it sit for a minute or two to cool. The top and edges will be cake like while the bottom will still be gooey.
- Eat in the mug or… if you don’t like the gooey goodness, flip the cake over into a ramekin (or oven safe plate) and toast in a toaster oven for a minute.
- If you want to go the extra mile, sprinkle top with cinnamon and a touch more sweetener.
- Dig in and enjoy.
Recipe makes 1 serving. (Calories: 275)